- Living and Coping with Cancer…. Help & Support Through Letters from a Friend
- Spiritual Discernment (Continued)
- Spiritual Discernment (Continued)
- Spiritual Discernment.
- As readers of my blogs will realise, I have because of a lengthy and serious illness been unable to maintain contact with you as I formerly did. I now no longer live alone, but am resident in a care home. Nevertheless, I want to maintain contact with you through my blogs as long as is humanly possible. I send to you my warmest best wishes and hope you will understand.
- Coping Resources/Strategies
- Elements of Coping
- evolving status
- family illness
- Miscellanea of Coping Concerns
- Pain and personal grief.
- Personal & social advancement
- personal illness
- personal loss
- perspective on illness: family
- perspective on illness: healthcare professional
- perspective on illness: personal
- perspective: healthcare professional
- perspective: personal
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I am writing on behalf of my father who’s health has deteriorated quite significantly since his last post hence the lengthy gap between then and now. Unfortunately his health is such that he has great difficulty in seeing and writing … Continue reading
As readers of my blogs will realise, I have because of a lengthy and serious illness been unable to maintain contact with you as I formerly did. I now no longer live alone, but am resident in a care home. Nevertheless, I want to maintain contact with you through my blogs as long as is humanly possible. I send to you my warmest best wishes and hope you will understand.
For some time now, blogs have not been posted under the title, “Elements of coping” . This has been and is due to prolonged illness in the author. (now in his ‘mid-eighties’). Blogs under other headings will continue meantime to be posted, … Continue reading
As by now you will be aware, almost the entire ‘thrust’ of each blog contained in this compendium has focused around or upon an application of therapeutic methods of psychosocial support. In the main however, I have confined such descriptive … Continue reading
I was only fifteen years of age when I first came across a natural phenomenon in the West of Scotland known as “The Electric Brae”. It lay some 40 miles or so away from our home in those days and … Continue reading
My aim here – pure and simple – is to further extend and expand upon this brief but – as experience has again and again led me to see – potentially useful discussion on what, in any account or consideration … Continue reading
Perhaps sometimes, like me, you have taken a night flight to some intended destination. Once at 32,000 feet in the clear night sky, you look down on large cities, urban complexes, smaller towns, villages and even tiny hamlets. There are … Continue reading
My aim in this particular blog is to challenge and – yes – hopefully, awaken you to and excite you with some genuine truths about yourself. The word “brain” incidentally, comes from an old English or Anglo-Saxon The word “braegen” … Continue reading
Happily, the brain also possesses extremely complex but, where operational, (even in the most uncongenial and hazardous host environments) unerringly successful means and mechanisms for coping with life. This may be witnessed in the countless number of well-documented instances of … Continue reading
Continuing on from my last blog, the pity of it is that having begun very early on in childhood to lose the sense of wonder and vibrancy about life and the world in which we presently live, we become happier … Continue reading